WE ARE BUILDING UP THE GROUP – ENQUIRE HOW TO JOIN US!
WHO WE ARE
We are a young research group based in Tallinn, Estonia. We focus our efforts on translational synthetic chemistry. We look into ways how to use organic chemistry to advance concepts and capabilities in Applied Science. There are too few independent research groups led by young scientists in Eastern Europe, albeit the EU. Yet, you have come across one of them!
WHAT WE DO
- Synthetic organic chemistry
- Catalysis & sustainable chemistry
- Supramolecular & heterobifunctional chemistry
- Chemical approaches to study cellular processes
- Extending the chemical toolbox in materials science
The focus of my research group is on translating advances in synthetic chemistry & materials to adjacent fields of catalysis, chemical biology and materials science by delivering alternative and/or significantly improved solutions. This is achieved by answering a simple question of how we can improve complex molecular processes, systems and architectures by altering them on a single molecule level.
The work we have embarked on, focusses on development of
- in-cell screening platform for identifying bifunctional interactions using small molecule chemistry in combination with light microscopy within the context of a living cell;
- extending the pool of organic linker design for crystalline and amorphous metal–organic coordination network-based porous materials for their applications in energy storage and conversion, and catalysis;
- novel chemobiological tools to advance use of cell-permeable small molecules in chemical cell biology (novel target ID probes, fluorescent probes, chemical tools for expansion microscopy).
Mass mailings will not be acknowledged.